As Singapore’s leading arts and entertainment magazine, Time Out Singapore provides a fresh perspective on the island’s culture and lifestyle. Authoritative listings, engaging features and critical, independent reviews make us a trusted source for young, active locals, who don't merely read the magazine, but use it.
Time Out is edited and written entirely by a passionate, in-the-know staff of local experts in their respective fields. Our editorial staff scours the city each month for the inside scoop on what our readers want to see and do. The result: the most up-to-date listings source in the city.
As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for talented leaders to join our team. Candidates should be experts with in-depth knowledge of their fields. No phone calls please. Time Out Singapore is published by Mongoose, with offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and New York.
Mongoose Publishing Pte Ltd are the world class publisher behind Esquire Singapore and now Time Out Singapore.
Time Out Singapore is seeking a talented magazine designer to start immediately. The role’s responsibilities include designing the editorial pages as well as some advertisements, following design templates to achieve a unique look and imprint their own creativity and talents. This position also allows room for growth, with successful candidates having the opportunity to play a strategic role in the overall development of the magazine with specific emphasis on cover design, and further on, helping to oversee photo shoots and taking responsibility for the overall look of the product. This is a full-time position.
- Relevant experience: at least a graphic design degree, or two to three years of experience in editorial design.
- Proficient in Adobe CS programs, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A sharp eye, and high standards when it comes to the quality of photography and acceptable graphical treatments (plus the ability to source for appropriate images), an understanding of aesthetical compositions, and a keen appreciation for what makes good, engaging, impactful editorial design.
- Must be able to cope with regular deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must also be an excellent communicator and accept critique – both positive and negative – in the right spirit.
The job is open to Singapore citizens or PR only. To apply for this vacancy, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Mongoose we understand that our sales force is an integral component which contributes towards the success of our business. We invest a lot in nurturing, motivating and training our people to be proactive sales professionals.
Should you be chosen to join our team, your primarily responsibility will be to SELL advertisement space in any one of our magazines or websites which you will be assigned to. You will be given a set of clients and will be expected to effectively manage them. Prospective candidates should also have the following traits and skills:
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Track record of successful deals
- Highly positive approach towards the job with ability to perform well under tremendous work pressure
- Tremendous sales aptitude
- Pleasant personality with specially developed soft skills
- Extraordinary convincing powers. Able to carry out effective business interactions with people, irrespective of their work domain or designation
- Profound knowledge of the advertising field is preferred. Close exposure to the work challenges and high pace of an advertising sales job profile
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Full-time positions available
To apply for this vacancy, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Time Out Singapore is looking for interns! Both our editorial and digital media internships offer the opportunity to be part of our passionate and experienced in-house team and get plenty of hands-on knowledge learning about all aspects of what it takes to put an award-winning magazine on the stands.
Interns will do a lot of information gathering around town, assisting our writers and editors to research stories and discover new and exciting events across the city. Those who suggest story ideas and prove they have the ability to execute them will be given ample opportunities to write and receive bylines in the magazine.
Preference is given to interns who can commit to a three-month, full-time internship (three full print cycles), which will allow for proper time to learn the ropes at all stages of the magazine and website production cycles and finish up with some time spent in-house under the guidance of our editorial team and working on pieces independently. The position is unpaid, but expenses are covered.
To apply, please write a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of why you're interested in Time Out and also indicate your availability and areas of interest (Art, Music, Food, DJs, Theatre, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org for editorial internship and email@example.com for digital and social media interniship. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.